At the Kick It 3v3 World Championships, there will be two divisions for each age group (with the exception of adult divisions and most high-school age divisions):
1) OPEN DIVISION:
The Open Division will be available to any teams who participated in a Kick It 3v3 Local or Regional tournament. The teams will be seeded in the Open Division based primarily on 3v3 Rankings Points – which are acquired by participating in Kick It 3v3 Local and Regional Tournaments.
2) E.I.D. (ELITE INVITATIONAL DIVISION):
Kick It’s Elite Invitational Division is designed for qualified teams that have participated and placed at high level events like the Kick It 3v3 National Invitational and Super Regionals. In an effort to accommodate all player and team skills, the Elite Invitational Division will separate and qualify teams under strict guidelines. Qualification requirements for the E.I.D. are very strict. Only the best of the best 3v3 soccer teams are invited. If you do not meet the pre-qualifications are listed below, at-large teams whose resumes are impressive enough may be accepted:
See below for application requirements - ALL E.I.D. TEAMS MUST APPLY TO BE ACCEPTED AND PARTICIPATE IN THE E.I.D. The application is not the same as the online registration.
The E.I.D. is designed to give all teams a greater value. Each E.I.D. is expected to be capped at 16 teams and teams MUST apply by the application deadline. After the application deadline, teams can apply for an At-Large spot in the E.I.D. and will be placed in the E.I.D. as space is available.
(Registration / Application Deadline for the E.I.D. is TBA)
(APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED)
The E.I.D. teams who fully register and complete the E.I.D. application will receive benefits and first-class treatment, including:
- Prime-Time Game Times
- Best of the best competition – only Elite teams will be bracketed into this division
- Elite Rankings Points to each team in each division, with significantly higher value than Gold / Silver / – Bronze Division Rankings Points
- Each team will receive the status distinction of being a Elite Invitational Division team!
Top 2 teams in the gold division from each 2017 Kick It 3v3 Regional Championship
Top 4 teams in each division from 2016 USA 3v3 National Championships
At-Large teams can apply for the E.I.D.; teams’ resumes will be reviewed on an individual basis, based on application information.(APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED)
The following process MUST be completed by all teams wanting to participate in the E.I.D. (Elite Invitational Division):
· The E.I.D. application must be completed and submitted to the Kick It 3v3 World Championships planning committee.
· The application will be reviewed and confirmation will be sent to each team. If you have not received E.I.D. confirmation, you are not yet placed in the E.I.D.
· E.I.D. teams registering before the deadline are guaranteed a spot in the E.I.D. if they have Pre-Qualified for the E.I.D. (Top 2 teams in the gold division from each 2015 Kick It 3v3 Regional Championship and top 4 teams in each division from 2014 USA 3v3 National Championships are “Pre-Qualified” teams).
· At-Large teams, and Pre-Qualified teams registering for the E.I.D. AFTER the deadline are NOT guaranteed a spot in the E.I.D.
· Each E.I.D. division will be capped at 16 teams. The first Pre-Qualified teams to register prior to the deadline will be accepted first. At-Large teams and late registering teams will be placed on the E.I.D. waiting list and added as needed. If 32 teams apply for an E.I.D. division, Kick It will consider enlarging the division from 16 to 32 teams.
· E.I.D. teams registering and completing the E.I.D. application before the deadline will receive E.I.D. benefits; teams registering for the E.I.D. after the deadline may not be eligible for E.I.D. benefits.